Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thoughts on a Weird Worm/Pupa/Thing I Found on My Pants Yesterday

How strange that what I had thought was a bit of toothpaste, or a piece of plant matter, or the result of a sneeze I didn't remember sneezing, would turn out to be a living thing! And how odd that something that had seemed at first to be decapitated would, in fact, had strangely soft mouth-parts that looked like torn flesh.

And how did it get on my pants? Either it hitched a ride the night before when I was out walking, and calmly dozed the night away, unseen, only to surprise me in the morning, or it crawled, wriggled, or flopped there overnight from some unknown lair in my apartment. Do its fellows wait in some hidden corner, white and writhing, waiting to pupate into who-knows-what?

3 comments:

Kawaika said...

I'm thinking it's a...

Kyle said...

Gross. And awesome.

bluefish said...

Was it squamous? Rugose? Noisome? What about primordial, or even abyssal?